First to a Million Workbook
- More Featured Freaks case studies
Learn how others reached FI (or are on their way) at a young age!
- Budgeting spreadsheet for teens
- Bonus 25-page ebook by Scott Trench
Six Steps to Eliminating Debt & Repairing Credit
- Bonus chapter by Craig Curelop
How to Save for Your First House Hack
- An exclusive coupon for 50% off The Simple StartUp Challenge
A program with the ChooseFI Foundation to start a business while in high school
- Bonus video: The “Founder” of House Hacking
With Brandon Turner and Craig Curelop
- Free Basic Shipping
- Free Bonus Content
- 30-Day Guarantee
A step-by-step guide to help you change the way you look at money before you turn 20!
In this companion workbook to First to a Million, teenagers will accelerate their path to financial independence and learn even more about personal finance and investing. This interactive planner contains critical action items, tasks, and exercises—all organized into simple semester-long sections and a timeline that can be adjusted to fit your age or level of experience.
It’s never too early to start working toward your FI Freak goals. With time (and compound interest) on your side, you can win the game before it even starts!
- Find a mentor that can help you grow toward your goals
- Manage your expenses aso you can save as much money as possible
- Get your first credit card and start building your credit score
- Build passive income streams to work toward financial freedom
- Open a brokerage account to invest in index funds
- Close on your first real estate purchase (when you’re ready!)
- And much more!
- Standard economy shipping is always FREE, but you can upgrade if you'd like to receive your book faster. Shipping rates vary depending on location.
- Purchases from the BiggerPockets Bookstore can only ship within the United States.
- We're confident in the quality of our books. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, you can return your book for a full refund within 30 days.
- For returns, refunds, or the status of your order, you can contact [email protected]
Customer Rating and Reviews
My oldest son is only 10 right now, but I own 10 properties currently so this is a big deal in my world and I am eager to get him started. Most of the material is too advanced for him right now, but won't be within a year or two. I am reading it to him right now (he can read fine but I want us both engaged) and he is asking appropriate questions about the book right now and I'll start pushing him to take some actions within the next few years. Hopefully by the time he's out of high school he will be ready!
You can tell the author genuinely cares about young people. From beginning of chapter 28: “Hundreds of teens make their way into my classroom every year. After getting to know thousands of them over the last two decades, I can say one thing with utmost certainty – I respect each and every one of you.”
The info is presented in easy-to-understand concepts without “talking down”. I appreciate the focus on happiness over simple material gain. I also like that this isn’t one of those “sacrifice everything” approaches. Financial advice often dictates that you stop absolutely all spending, which can be hard to do. This book takes the time to break it down and discuss when some purchases make sense (add value) vs when it’s best to skip. And leaves room for each person to determine what’s important to them without judgment. It all comes back to what adds value and happiness. It’s this type of compromise/nuance that I appreciate. Near the end of Ch. 15 he writes: “The idea is not to struggle through a few years of hardship and pain only to find happiness after you reach FI. [financial independence] The journey itself should be fun and rewarding, thus bringing you happiness along the way. If you can’t describe yourself as a happy person while you work toward early FI, something is wrong.”
All-in-all, an awesome roadmap to earn/save/invest money to get to financial freedom with lots of great, practical information that you don’t get from a classroom - but every young person needs to know. Be sure to check out the companion workbook which makes working through the steps even easier.
My 13 year old daughter cannot put the book down! She's so intrigued by the concept of FI and is asking questions that I never had at her age. This is a must read for all young people!
I actually bought this book set for my niece for Christmas so I cannot comment on the book or workbook. But, I can say that there was a delivery issue with the work book and, after contacting Bigger Pockets, the issue was resolved very quickly. Thank you, Bigger Pockets, for the help!
As a parent, I wish I had this material when I was in high school. Life may have been very different. I'm introducing my son who's not yet in high school, just to get his thinking heading in the 'right' direction. Even if he picks up the smallest tidbit he will retain more as he gets older. My wife and I are both going through the material. It's Great and can add so much to your financial outlook. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.